Review engagement – Paradigme file
Length: 7 h 00
Updated training for 2023-2024
Review files are the most common engagements performed by CPA firms. These engagements meet creditors’ and investors’ requirements concerning the reliability of the financial reporting.
Why have a Paradigme version of a review file template?
- To achieve the objectives of obtaining appropriate and sufficient evidence
- By focusing the work at different stages of the engagement: from planning to execution
- To enable the practitioner to express a conclusion on the reliability of the financial reporting and issue a report on the financial statements
- By presenting examples of information requests and analytical procedures
- To document in accordance with section CSRE 2400 of the CPA Canada Handbook
- By using the table of contents and the various worksheets from the Paradigme Questionnaires
Planning the review engagement
- Acceptance of the review engagement and the independence standards in the Code of Ethics
- Risk tolerance
- Understanding of the reviewed entity
- Operations and accounting records, including internal control
- Cut-off processes
- Determining materiality
- Identifying significant items and items susceptible to material misstatement (SMM)
- Additional work processes for SMM items
Performing the review engagement
- Information requests
- Analytical procedures
- Basic work on the various balance sheet items
- Additional work on SMM items
- Cut-off work
- Documentation of the analyses of income items… and conclusion
Last but not least
- Presentation of the changes made to the Paradigme Review Questionnaires
- You will receive a Paradigme file template to help you master the Paradigme Questionnaires
- Communications and letters
- Comments from the professional inspection
- Discussion with participants
Please contact André Mignault at 514-686-7341 to schedule your training.
Soyez les premiers informés!
Inscrivez-vous à notre infolettre et soyez à l’affût des formations disponibles et des nouveautés.