Review engagement – Reviewing the file and the financial statements
Length: 3 h 30
Updated training for 2021-2022
The work is finished, the review file is complete. We are at the stage of reviewing the file and the financial statements, just before we deliver them to the client. Where should we start, what should be reviewed, how should we communicate our review notes?
The objective of this course is to present a working method for reviewing a review file and the financial statements to be issued. We will go through all the steps: from planning to documentation and finalization of the review notes.
- Review of the objectives of the file review (in general and in depth)
- Determining the obligations under the Canadian Quality Control Standard (CQCS-1)
- Who should review the files?
- Making a distinction between the file review and the engagement quality control review
- Planning the file and financial statement review
- Effectively reviewing the review file and the financial statements
- Communicating the review notes to the members of the team
- Training your staff
- Establishing documentation requirements and objectives
- Documentation features and requirements
- Pitfalls and tips
- Writing and communicating review notes
- Reviewing the review notes
- Diagnosing improvements to be made next year
- How and when should financial statements be reviewed?
- Pitfalls and precautions
- Under Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Under Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASNPO)
- Identifying the most common mistakes
- Communicating with and training your staff
Last but not least
- Work with a Paradigme file template to better apply these concepts
- Have a critical mindset
- Comments from the professional inspection
- Understanding and mastering Paradigme Questionnaires
- Discussion with participants
Please contact André Mignault at 514-686-7341 to schedule your training.
Soyez les premiers informés!
Inscrivez-vous à notre infolettre et soyez à l’affût des formations disponibles et des nouveautés.